MiM Marketplace Terms and Conditions
Definition and Notification Changes
4. Made in Midlothian C.I.C. may change these terms at any time by posting changes online.
5. Made in Midlothian C.I.C. acts as a platform for sellers to sell their products online within their own space.
6. MiM Marketplace. is not an online retailer of consumer goods and all purchases made through a Made in Midlothian C.I.C. shop are made through the seller.
7. We do not handle any products, refunds or payments.
8. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by Made in Midlothian C.I.C..
9. Your continued use of Made in Midlothian C.I.C..com, or any sub-domains, after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
10. By agreeing to these terms you are also agreeing to our other policies:
1. You must be 18 years or older or you will not be able to enter a legally binding contract to sell via Made in Midlothian C.I.C.
3. You agree to pay the subscription fee as per the terms you have selected on either a monthly, 6 monthly or annual basis.
4. In the event of account closure, all subscriptions are non-refundable for the period that is chosen either monthly, 6 monthly or yearly with each being paid in advance.
5. By agreeing to these terms you are agreeing for Made in Midlothian C.I.C. to set up a continuous card payment of the subscription period you have chosen either on a monthly, 6 monthly or yearly basis.
6. Made in Midlothian C.I.C. is not solely responsible for the promotion of your shop and simply acts as a third party platform for you to sell your products online via a secure payment partner.
7. All products listed within your Made in Midlothian C.I.C. shop must comply with our Good for Sale policy and failure to comply could lead to your account being closed without notice.
8. Failure to keep up to date with monthly, 6 monthly or yearly payments will lead to the account being closed 30 days after the due date of the subscription payment.
9. All products listed on your Made in Midlothian C.I.C. shop are the accountability and responsibility of you as the seller to ensure they comply with all government COVID 19 safety guidance and local & international laws.
10. Made in Midlothian C.I.C. does not have any legal responsibility for the product you have listed within your shop and by agreeing to these terms you are legally responsible for ensuring it meets all legal and safety requirements.
11. All sellers must hold the trademark or copyright permission of the products they sell.
12. If a seller is found to be using or breaching another parties copyright or trademark they take full legal responsibility of doing so and can have their account closed without notice.
13. Made in Midlothian C.I.C. does not hold any legal responsibility over sellers selling or distributing products that contain another parties copyright or trademark and this responsibility lies with the seller solely.
14. Made in Midlothian C.I.C. operates as a marketplace and provides sellers with an affordable online platform which they can sell their products from within their own space online.
1. You must not use Made in the MiM Marketplace for any illegal or unauthorised purpose and you agree to comply with all ‘local’ laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content such as libel law and must comply with all local jurisdiction.
2. You must not breach any laws, sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright trademark or other rights of third parties.
3. You must not threaten, intimidate, harass or otherwise abuse any other MiM Marketplace user.
4. You are responsible for maintaining that the content you submit is your own and is not owned by others.
5. You are solely responsible for your behaviour and conduct on Made in Midlothian C.I.C..com including the use of all content and data including images (graphics and photos), audio and video clips, links and text (such as conversations) that you post to the Made in Midlothian C.I.C..com website and any sub-domains.
6. You must not modify or adapt or ‘hack’ Made in Midlothian C.I.C..com or seek to create another website or communication to users that implies it is associated to Made in Midlothian C.I.C..com or any sub-domains.
7. You must not produce unwanted communications (spam) to other users of Made in Midlothian C.I.C..
8. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
9. You must not transmit or seek to transmit any viruses or worms or any code that seeks to alter the behaviour of the Made in Midlothian C.I.C. site or that is in any way destructive.
1. Under no circumstance will Made in Midlothian C.I.C. be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Made in Midlothian C.I.C. regardless of the form of action.
Good for sale
1. You agree not to publish, offer for sale, sell, or otherwise distribute any of the following items on, through or connected with your shop or through any app:
Sales and Returns
1. You as the seller agree to ensure that you deliver the products you have listed within your shop policies within the time frame provided.
2. You must explicitly state whether you have a returns policy or obey the local laws for the areas in which you sell your goods.
3. Made in Midlothian C.I.C. does not handle any shipping, returns or refunds nor will be held accountable for a sellers failure to provide the products they have listed.
Data and Privacy
1. Made in Midlothian C.I.C. complies with the principles of the General Data Protection Regulation which came into force on 25th May 2018 when dealing with all data received from visitors to the site.
2. We only hold the data necessary to offer services provided on our website namely to allow users of the service to buy and sell and also message one another.
3. We also keep user data to allow us to contact you in the event of account withdrawal or new passwords being provided.
4 We only hold personal data for as long as necessary.
5. Once data is no longer needed it is deleted from our file.
6. If you request to close your account then all your personal data will be deleted within one working day of the request.
7. Accounts cannot be scheduled for deletion.
8. We never sell, rent or exchange mailing lists.
9. We may, however, share commercial and technical data with our partners where a customer has accessed and used our website.
10. This data would not be personal data but would be anonymised (for example the kind of data you have seen in “Google Analytics”).
11. We never send bulk unsolicited emails, (popularly known as Spam) to email addresses.
12. We may send emails to existing customers or prospective customers who have enquired or registered with us, regarding products or services directly provided by us.
13. All emails sent by us will be clearly marked as originating from us.
14. All such emails will include clear instructions on how to unsubscribe from our email service and any future emails.
15. Such intersections will either include a link to a page to unsubscribe or a valid email address to which you should reply, with “unsubscribe” as the email subject heading.
16. Our website uses “cookies” to track use and allow customers to purchase from our website.
17. These cookies do not contain or pass any personal, confidential or financial information or any other information that could be used to identify individual visitors or customers purchasing from our website.
19. However, for purely technical reasons this may prevent you from using our website. This is because anonymous cookies are commonly used to keep track of the contents of customers’ shopping baskets or carts during the checkout process. This facility ensures that the items added to (or removed from) your basket are accurate stated when you go to pay.
1. You agree to pay your monthly, 6 monthly or yearly subscription on time within the period you have agreed to sign up to.
2. Failure to make payment within the timeframe provided will lead to your account being closed automatically without notice 30 days after the date the payment was originally due.
Changes to service
1. Made in Midlothian C.I.C. retains the right to terminate or change the service for any reason at any time without notice.
2. Made in Midlothian C.I.C. retains the right to modify the legal terms at any time. Made in Midlothian C.I.C. will inform registered users by email and through the site blog of any changes to the legal terms.
3. Made in Midlothian C.I.C. retains the right to refuse service to anyone at any time and to terminate accounts if in breach of the legal terms.